What do you need to do?
Ways to order your repeat prescriptions:
Please only order items that you need. This will help to reduce over-ordering, stockpiling and wastage and save the NHS money.
- By using the order form below
- Via the NHS APP
- Email directly to: email@example.com
- Use the smartphone app which you would download from the website of your chosen provider
- Dedicated phone line - Tel: 01803 605117, choosing option 2 for prescriptions: Monday-Friday 10 am -12 noon & 2 pm -3.30 pm
- By letter
Order Your Repeat Prescription
Please aim to order when you have 7 to 10 days of medicines left. Your GP requires at least 2-3 working days to provide the prescription, and your pharmacy will need 3-5 days after receiving the prescription to order and assemble it for collection or delivery. If there are any problems we will be in contact otherwise it will be ready after this period.
Find A Pharmacy
To get your prescription sent electronically to your chosen pharmacy please add this information to your prescription request.
Alternatively, call the prescription team on 01803 605117, choosing option 2.
Use the pharmacy finder HERE to find a local pharmacy.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
More information is available from the NHS Choices website, which you can access by clicking HERE
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- Buy or Renew a PPC On-line HERE